January 14, 2010

style...

Am I the only one who feels completely out of the loop of STYLE??

Am I being 'momified'?


I had to go meet a professor at the college yesterday and I wasn't looking 'mommy' but my hair was back, no jewelry. I had make up on, cute sweater (at least I think it's cute) and boots (under slightly flared jeans). Got there and looked around and thought "whoa, these guys might nominate me for 'What's Not to Wear.'

I think I'm doing okay but seriously feel lost for the tapered skinny jeans with high heels gettup like...



Or wearing them with Ugg boots like...


and frumpy, no figure, oversized sweaters



And short boots...I don't get them...



and I can't figure out my hair when everyone else's looks like...



Seriously I've seen some of the cutest girls with bangs like that but I wouldn't ever dare!

And colors like...



I've seen a lot lately and look so cute on other girls but really I don't think I even think of colors people put together. Black sweater, red shoes is about my extent of color combo.

I think I need some of these girls that pull stuff like this off to show up at my door and give my closet a make over! I feel thrity years older than college kids.
I want to feel trendy yet the styles are so out there to me...I don't think I can get away with mustard/gold yellow?! The colors are weird to me, but maybe I just have NO fashion sense at all. I see people that I think look adorable and then try it myself and cringe.


What's my problem??

So all you trendy ladies, yes you, I want to know how you keep up on style.


How you pull off such awesome outfits and spectacular hair!! All the time!


5 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

ha ha I TOTALLY know how you feel!! I wasn't raised with any sisters or anything so I always thought that was it HA HA I don't know how to shop.

So I have a couple of Friends who have taken me under their wing recently. :) I have gone on one shopping trip so far, and gotten way cute stuff that I would have never thought about and it is still ME.

But i agree- I am very against the skin jeans. :S I like my flare. That I don't think I will go away from. However I do wear heels with my jeans on occation.

ANYWAY- how funny! I love you post!

Justin and Elsie Walker Family said...

I think that is so funny because that is exactly what I have been thinking for the last few months. I am tired of people thinking that I am 35. I did buy boots,not the short ones, and I tried on some skinny jeans. They looked horrible. If you figure it out let me know. Especially if it can be done with a small amount of funds. Good luck!

The Childs said...

Amen! I think the style right now is so weird! I hate skinny, probably because I can't even fit into them. I have learned to add more color to my closet, but I don't know how to wear it. I see people put colors together all the time. However, when I try it on I feel like everyone would be starting at me wondering what in the heck was I thinking putting that together! We need to get on Oprah and get a makeover.

---- said...

Ok...I just have to say that probably 90% of those women in the Magazine pictures/or at college DO NOT have kids they are chasing around all day! I think you know you are a Mom when you start to choose FUNCTION over FORM.

Its funny because on Sunday, when I actually take the time to get FULLY ready, I look in the mirror and think "WOW, I'm not 1/2 bad looking!"

I don't know....If you find where the "fashion train" depot is...let us know...i'm sure we'd ALL like to get back on the train!

BTW- I think my problem also has to do with $$$. I see a shirt and think $35.00?!! And I don't buy it...I'm more the "it's cute enough...esp. for $5.00" kind of girl. (But I'm now thinking there is a reason it is marked down for $5.00!)

Camille said...

Oh I can so relate to this post! I am happiest in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I do occasionally get dressed up when I go on a date with my hubby, but I am definitely about two seasons off on my choice of clothing!