March 08, 2011

Blessing

We got to bless Alayna yesterday. We wondered if we would because she had RSV a week before (which was miserable) but she was well enough when Sunday came around and we were so glad. We had family travel in long distances and were so grateful for their support. It was a wonderful day. I am so grateful for a husband who honors his priesthood and is able to perform things like this for our children. He is one in a million and I am SO lucky to have him!

I was so excited to go buy a blessing dress but Mike thought it would be so much more meaningful if I were to make it and so I did...not knowing quite how it would go.
I loved how it turned out!
I had a friend embroider it to look like my wedding dress.
Hopefully it will mean a lot to her when she's older.


I am fully aware how awful some of these pictures look...
It is definitely time for a new camera.



Family picture with my mom.






After the blessing we went back for some yummy-ness.
A very talented friend offered to make our cupcakes for us and they were absolutely divine! Strawberry cheesecake filled...Yum-o!!
(This is not them exactly but you had to have a visual ya know? They were THAT pretty.)



By the end we had worn her right out!
It was a beautiful day!







4 comments:

Justin and Kenzee said...

She's so precious, April. I'm glad she is healthy again and that you were able to have a great day with family. The dress is gorgeous... you really have a talent!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you let me embroider this for her. You did a great job on the dress, it is beautiful. Glad to know she is doing better. She is as cute as the boys!

Lindsay said...

Wow! Talk about talented! I can't make anything like that! Alayna's dress is beautiful! So happy for your cute family! Glad she is feeling better! This winter has been awful! I know of at least three other kiddos that have had rsv! Here's to your family staying healthy into the spring! Can't wait to see you in Orlando!

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

She is gorgeous! I love the dress it is beautiful, I am sure she will love it!!