February 10, 2009

Date Night

Our weekends have been more fun than ever lately. Since we are trying to cut back spending we decided to make our date nights at home. We'll call and have friends over for dinner and games. Well this is turning out to be one of the best ideas ever. Between friends we all take a weekend to cook and someone else does dessert. It's been so fun trying out new recipes and having other couples (not just your kids) to try them out on. Not to mention one of our friends is a chef so we get some seriously gourmet meals from him. Last time he made this...called Chicken Caprese and creme brulee for dessert. It was DIVINE.




This last weekend was our turn so we made our famous Honey Pepper Salmon/Steak. Garlic Asparagus/Mushrooms, risotto and grilled pineapple. Total it was only about six dollars a person for the meal. This is going to become tradition. Then after dinner it's Game on....Settler's of Catan of course. We're addicted.



They always bring the kids and they play and keep themselves entertained and we still get our date and it's way more fun than a movie any day. I would highly recommend it!

Next time I'll get more pictures of more people than food...What can I say, I'm into food.

3 comments:

Erin. said...

Can I come for dinner??? Those last meals sound divine. You know what a sucker I am for good pasta, and really any good food! And, it's been since you and Mike were here that we played Settlers! Have fun with friends...it's the cheapest kind of date. Unless of course you're us with a free babysitter and trade to eat on! Happy Valentines Day! See you soon.

The Weston's said...

LOVE Settlers!

Kate said...

Looks like lots of fun, we love Settlers of Catan too! Dinner, games and friends are always a good combination.