If any of you remember Mrs. Shelli Barnum from high school she invited me to be a guest speaker in her foods class today. I talked a little about canning and bottling and showed them how to bottle beans and we made chocolate jar cakes. I had them help me make Lime cilantro ranch and lime rice and used our bottled beans and made burritos. I had a really fun time playing teacher...although I'm sure I'd need much more practice to become as as good as she is. I love staying in touch with old teachers. She is one I have lots of memories with and she only taught my senior year. Thanks Shelli!
June 2026 - Thriving in the Heat!
4 months ago

6 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!! I remember her!! :)
How fun for you! :)
Looks good!
Rock On, Martha!
You did an awesome job! Thanks for coming- the students LOVED it!
You are the canning queen that is for sure!!!
Hey April,
I found your blog through Holly's, it is so cute. Let me know your email, and I will send you an invitation to my family's blog (if you want to see it). Hope things are going well. Looks like you are quite the cook, I bet the students loved to have you there. irunforicecream@gmail.com
How fun to be back in the high school environment. It's a good thing my brother teaches there now because he could have beat up any of the guys who tried to hit on you since you're lookin so hot these days, April! ;)
Post a Comment