October 05, 2009

Happy 100th

Just noticed it was my 100th post! Although the content of this post isn't really so happy...it is filled with blood and tears...just in time for bloody, gorey halloween. WARNING: not for a weak stomache. No pictures though, If only I knew it was going to happen...dang.

At our neighbors for a girls night when the guys were at priesthood session and the kids are playing outside and I hear a totally girly scream and I assume it's one of the other kids because I've never heard that kind of cry. I peek out the window to see Isaiah with blood gushing from his head and down his face and he's running to me yelling "I'm gonna die" (a little dramatic...) How the heck did you..."She hit me with an ax" he says. I'm thinking an AX? So after he was getting taken care of in the house I go find the weapon...it was a small hand held garden hoe. Sharp, for sure, and totally an accident. The older daughter was taking it away from the 3 year old and he got in the way...ouch! Head wounds bleed much more than other parts of the body so I wasn't freaking out too bad. But most of his head was drenched in blood so I couldn't even tell where it was at. Finally the bleeding stopped and we got it cleaned up and called a doctor in our ward to look at it. She said it would do great with surgical glue to pull it together. Other than a headache he's doing fine now.

Our neighbors visited the next day to check up on Isaiah and brought him popsicles and cookies and a bag of candy from Audrey. She also wrote him this adorable letter.


If you can't read it this is what it says " Isaiah, I'm sorry I cut your head open. Nobody thinks I did it on accident. I'm writing this letter to say sorry. I love you." everyone sigh. Ohhhh.


So today we're at the store and Joshua decides to play with the ab roller that is out. The kind that both hands roll on the ground. You know what I mean? Anyway ab roller went one way and Joshua's face the other. His entire face plowed into the concrete floor. Luckily I was with my sister who was prepared with kleenex to catch all the blood pouring from his nose and both lips. His lips are HUGE and his nose is swollen and I'm sure he's got a headache. Another bloody shirt to wash. Seriously!! in three days time! Accident prone? Hope not. I hope it's not true that things happen in three's because I don't need any more blood around here.







1 comments:

Katie Clifford said...

oh those poor boys! give them big hugs for me!!