We started March off in the doctors office getting Isaiah's toe sewn up. We had friends over and our next door neighbor was flipping Isaiah over her shoulders and his foot hit our glass ceiling fan light covers and sliced the heck out of is big toe
clear to the the tendon.
I found myself putting on a strong face so he didn't freak out but inside I'm totally freaking out...it was a deep cut. Mike's out of town, I've never dealt with a wound like this...I didn't know what to do. I'm just glad I can keep my cool on the outside at least. Luckily there's a doctor in our ward who came right over and looked it over for me. Then he called his office and told them we were coming.
Isaiah is so flippin (no pun intended) tough! No tears.....none.
The doctors were completely surprised how well he did.
Yowsers!!
This is how chill his attitude was...pictures say it all.
Then we headed to get some ice cream to make sure everything heals up well...ice cream does that ya know ;) 
June 2026 - Thriving in the Heat!
2 months ago

3 comments:
It's amazing what motherhood forces you to experience and deal with. My girls see blood and they scream for ever. What a tough boy!
Yikes! Sounds like he handled it like a champ! You too, Mom! ;-)
oh man.... i am not sure what I would have done... but good job keeping your cool and good job to Isaiah for being.. well... a tough guy I guess! He is such a cute kid! give him a hug for me... k?
Post a Comment