Our trip to Kansas City was INSANELY fun!! I posted tons of picture in hope that it would help capture the best moments. Sadly the best moments were things pictures couldn't do justice...like the ambiance of the jazz musicians at dinner and the live band at awards night and the crazy drunk lady dancing with us girls (I'm still laughing about it...)
I won't be offended if you don't read everything I wrote...It is purely for journal sake.
Wednesday: On our flight over there...
Our flight attendants were hillarious...they were telling jokes and the toilet papered this guy who was DEAD asleep. Right after I took the picture he totally started drooling...we were laughing so hard watching him...good entertainment.
After we landed we had a personal chauffeur waiting with our name on a sign...what?? This is the beginning of our spoiled rotten vacation.
Got to the hotel and were greeted by this guy...totally a scene from a movie...I've NEVER stayed at a hotel like this.
Thursday: Lookin' snappy for his first day of meetings.
Couldn't resist... we were lovin our time together.
While the guys were at meetings they took all of the wives on a 3 hour tour of the city. 60 year old lady tour guide and everything...I was amazed at the historical feeling of the city...loved it. This was what amazed me most and my picture doesn't do it justice...the black blob on the bottom left of the picture is a grand piano...kind of gives you an idea how HUGE the place is. It is the 3rd largest train station in the world.

Liberty memorial...underneath the building is where they have a museum of WWI artifacts even a HUGE tank.
Liberty memorial...underneath the building is where they have a museum of WWI artifacts even a HUGE tank.
This is one of the mansions in Hyde park...which was where the millionaires of early history built homes...
That night we went to the Mavericks hockey game.
Friday: Girls day to relax...it was severly cold outside and didn't know what I was going to do...this was my view off my deck. What you don't see is the blizzard behind me. It was 11:30am and I hadn't dared go out to get breakfast yet...but then my hunger insisted and I got brave.

So this was me 10 minutes later.
So this was me 10 minutes later.
On my way I took a picture...Just look at this statue...he proves my point!
After breakfast I spent some time in Barnes and Noble relaxing my time away. Then went back to the hotel to cuddle in my bed with a good book.
Friday night we had an olympics themed dinner with chaise lounges set up with TV's everywhere. While everyone else got sloshed on drinks from the open bar we were loving our Shirley Temples (Cherry Sprite) About as fancy as we got. After dinner we got together and played scum with most of our office until well into the night...I won!!
Saturday: It's tradition in our office for our Agency manager to tak the guys to Bob Jones Shoes. It's the biggest shoe store in the US. So while they did that the girls went shopping in the plaza and then went here...
Kansas city is known for it's BBQ. For experience sake...we HAD to (twist our arm) stop. We went with a few couples from our office...it was a TON of food!!!
After lunch we headed here...it was only 12 miles away. We learned a lot we didn't know...what an amazing place.


That night we had the awards night dinner in the Grand Ballroom with the all the agencies...cameras would not of done this justice at all...it was incredible.
The food could seriously have been straight from a magazine. I know...we're crazy for taking pictures of it...but you wouldn't have believed me.
Appetizer
Crab stuffed prawns with papaya sauce...yum
After the salad we had a spoonful of Red wine and pear sorbet...not my thing
Petite Filet mignon with stuffed crab ravioli with sweet potatoes...finished off with holladaise sauce and the 'Mrs. Doubtfire carrot'.
Most of the Incredible people from our office...missing about three couples. They were off dancing already. These are some of the most incredible people that ever existed. I got to know most of them really well and love them and can't until our next trip together.
The big eagle trophy?? We won agency of the year...woo woo!!
They also announced the next trip planned
2011 is Florida ...every other year they go outside the US...
Anyone who qualifies 2012 will go 8 days to AUSTRALIA...WHAT ????
After the week we had we were all beat tired. We slept most of the flight home... it took 45 minutes on the runway before takeoff because of the snow. They had to totally de-ice the plane.
My favorite part of flying...because of the storm the clouds were beautiful.

Now we're home I feel like I need a vacation after vacation to relax...2011 I can't wait for you.
Now we're home I feel like I need a vacation after vacation to relax...2011 I can't wait for you.

5 comments:
Oh, April!! I am so glad you had so much fun. I had no idea that Mike's company was so generous...I'm insanely jealous of that!! You both deserved it and I'm glad you had a blast. Can't wait to see you on Saturday....hope you and the boys are ready for a week of Buddy the Wonder Dog. Love you!
Thanks for the pictures! The food looked amazing - and scrumptious! I love going on vacation with my hubby! :)
OK, that was a way better vaycay than mine. I would love to ditch my kids and have a week of alone time with my hubby! I am so glad you had a great time. (oh, by the way I probably won;t be coming to St George any time soon. But If I do I will let you know.)
You guys are so cute! You looked adorable in your dress... and all the other pictures too! I'm so glad that you guys had such a great time!
looks like fun.
Post a Comment