December 05, 2012

The one with the waggly tail

Four years ago when we lived in Colorado we got a puppy.  He was a total impulse buy.  He was adorable, fluffy and all things puppies are.  My boys loved him. He was doing really well.  Then one day he wasn't a puppy, he turned into a peeing, chewing monster!  My shoes, clean laundry, my carpet, my couches.  I couldn't take it.  I knew in a month we'd be coming home to Santa Clara with a new home with new couches and new carpet.  I couldn't bare the thought of it being ruined by the Tasmanian devil.

I had my kids go to a friends house while a cute family came to "look" at him.  They ended up loving him and took him right then.   That was the night I earned 'Mother of the Year.'  What mom sells their sons puppy without telling him? Isaiah was four okay? I did NOT think it would be a big deal.  I didn't think much of it. he was gone, and I was happy about that. My boys came home wondering where on earth there puppy was. Enter a year later.  Isaiah was having all out sobbing fests over the dog.  He missed him. Like, crazy missed him.   This started happening more times than I can count and I knew at some point we would have to do it again.  As far as I was concerned I was cured of ever wanting another one.

Meet Maisy.  She's my sister in laws dog and we get to puppy sit often when they come to visit.  She is the one that changed my opinion of dogs.  Mike and I started becoming a little more friendly to the idea of a dog in our home.   For a couple months we kept our eye out for something that would fit us.  We knew it had to be as we called it 'a Maisy dog'.  She's a Golden Doodle.  (Golden Retriever/Standard Poodle)

Look at her.  She's adorable.  This was Alayna the entire time they visited this last trip.  Melted us.


She would feed her every morning...her food.  Maisy was happy to help out.





The days before Isaiah's birthday I found this adorable girl online.  She is also a Golden Doodle.  I called and it was done.  My brother went to get her for us in a white out snow storm.  

Meet our sweet Tess.


Man, these pictures just show a black fluff ball.  There really is a little face in there.  






Stinky puppy needed a bath


 This picture cracks. me. up.


She sleeps by (on) her cow every night.  It's pretty cute.  



 Now Alayna has a new mouth to feed and Isaiah and Joshua are as happy as ever.  



It took us four years to get brave enough to go through puppyhood again.  We've had her almost a month and she's incredibly smart, very obedient and I am VERY aware and ready for problems that will arise this time around.   I'm reading books and watching how to puppy videos on youtube all too often.   
Any tips?  Send 'em my way.  

0 comments: