So I've been talking about a garden long enough. I finally decided to get it going. When we moved into our house the entire side of my house was garden ready. So I hooked with a pro and began. Just Monday we talked about it and Monday afternoon we were tilling the ground, Tuesday we had compost delivered, Wednesday we got it spread and tilled again, and this morning I planted my first peas. Yea for me. Let me just add as a very important side note that there were NO men involved in the process...little boys yes, did they help? kind of...but No men. Just call us Wonder Garden Women. Thanks so much for the help girls!!!
This is the PRO I spoke of...she is the women of EVERY talent!
Then it was my turn and I'd give myself a little pat on the back considering this is the FIRST piece of machinery I'd every ran before...lawnmower included...I had six brothers I never had to touch it.
He helped with the compost too...we were smelling lovely after the fact and the amount of dirt that ended up in his diaper and shoes would have blown you away.
I'm so excited to have this going and can't wait to see the first sprout come up.
June 2026 - Thriving in the Heat!
4 months ago

6 comments:
I can not WAIT to have a garden! That's awesome.
It's fun to see the garden begin to grow, but I thought it was a lot less fun when we got infested with squash bugs. Watch out for those. Your garden is huge... hope your boys love vegetables.
It looks like it will be so great for you and your family. We always let the kids plant pumpkins and they get a kick out of watching them grow all summer and then being able to use them for Halloween. Good Luck and stay on top of the weeds! That's the hardest part!
nicely done! i'm so proud of you!!
You are awesome! I wouldn't know the first thing about gardening. I only had one brother...but I still never even touched a lawn mower either!! Kaden thinks it is weird that I have never mowed a lawn before...so now I can tell him that I'm not the only one! ha ha
Good luck with the garden!! It will be fun to watch the fruits (or veggies) of your labor grow!!
April--that's so GREAT! Your garden is HUGE!
Post a Comment