July 06, 2009

the 4th

The 4th this year was a BLAST! My brother came down from Lehi and brought his boat and he invited us to come. I haven't been to the lake in years and the boys first time out with a boat. I wasn't going to attempt my camera around water with my luck so here you go...we did a lot of this


I learned how to do this...now I'm paying for it, I still can't move.


We were there for 6 1/2 hours and we all look like this...'all' meaning me I guess. Lucky Mike, while I cake on sunscreen he's putting tanning oil on...for what? A little sunscreen goes a long way for the boys.


After we came home to a BBQ which Mike made home made BBQ sauce (you can do that?) and crock pot chicken which was divine. Dutch oven potatoes to die for and one heck of a lemon berry cake made by yours truly.


Then of course we ended with a bunch of these. Note to self next year...don't light illegal fireworks when a cop drives by. Whoops!

1 comments:

The Frei's said...

Sounds like a fun great time! I'm always so impressed with your's and mike's cooking! It's always soooo yummy!