December 09, 2010

The princess has arrived!

Alayna decided she just couldn't wait any longer to see us and decided to grace us with her presence. There has never been anything so sweet that has existed on earth thus far. We are completely smitten by her!

Monday afternoon I went for an unscheduled appointment to ask some questions about a few things that were going on and they ended up doing an ultrasound and notice that...
1. My amniotic fluid was quite low
2. She was measuring very small--only four pounds, which is where she should have been a few weeks before. It seemed to make the doctor nervous so he made a decision that she would be better off here and so they walked me right over and admitted me. I called Mike, who had just left for Vegas hours before and told him the news. He got here as quick as he could.

They started pitocin at 5:30pm and she was here at 1:30am. Weighed 5lbs 4ozs. 18in. long. They had the whole NICU and respitory clan in my room waiting just in case there were any complications but she was a total champ and surprised us all. So happy she was finally here and as healthy as can be.

Pictures are SO deceiving. She doesn't look half as small as she really is.



This was totally Joshua's reaction to her...he came in the room and saw her and couldn't stop giggling. He's doing awesome with her.




Plus one more makes FIVE!


She's already got him wrapped pretty tightly around her teeny little finger.






There will be many more pictures to come. Now if I can just wrap my head around how life is going to be now I'll be in a good place. It takes a mentally tough woman to do this...I hope I can.



13 comments:

Aapree said...

Congratulations April! She's beautiful! What a darling family you have! What is her name? Thanks for letting me comment on your blog. Nice to see your cute family.

Aapree Ray

Erin. said...

She's beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. You'll be awesome as a mother of 3....trust me, if you can make it through Joshua, you can do this! Ha Ha...we love Squash-ua. Love you all...can't wait to see you!

The Nebs said...

Wow, didn't realize that's how she decided to come! So glad everything went okay!!! She's so precious, I just love little girls! As soon as I'm over this cold, I'll be over to drool over her! The boys look so happy! You're going to have to let me know how it is with three!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Justin and Elsie Walker Family said...

She is so beautiful. I am so glad that she is healthy. I was a bit nervous after talking with you. I wish I could be there to take some awesome pics for you. Make sure you get some or you will regret it. I hope the next few weeks go well for you and Merry Christmas!

Justin and Kenzee said...

She's just so precious! I'm so happy for you and glad to hear she was such a champ. Good luck in the next few weeks... you can do it!

The Colvins said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, I'm so happy for you!

Justin and Elsie Walker Family said...

April, In answer to your question, Have very low expectations of yourself and what you will accomplish. I figured that if we all got dressed and fed it was a good day. More than that was just a bonus. But you really have to take it to heart and believe that that is enough for the first little bit. That is the only way I survived, and actually ended up being my easiest. If you need to talk give me a call, good luck!

Catherine said...

Bring on violin practice and dance recitals! Little girls are so precious! I'm thrilled for you both, April. Our little Sarah came early because I my fluid was low and she measured small, as well. She was just a few ounces more than Alayna. She sure is tiny and sweet! Congrats!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Congrats! I am glad to hear you are both doing well. She is a doll! So happy for you to have a little girl! :-) You are truly awesome!

Tim and Rachel Seely said...

She is gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!

angela said...

congrats!! she is precious! hope everything is going well!

Kurtis and Iva said...

Congrats!! Little girls are so fun!

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

just posted a sneak peek on the blog. She is such a cutie!! here is the link http://myframedphotography.com/Blog