I don't know if it's just Colorado but everywhere we go we see people and there four legged friends parks, malls, and even restraunts. Now it's got the boys saying they want a puppy. Joshua has been a puppy lover from day one and everytime he sees one he yells at the top of his little lungs and makes us look too. Isaiah has become more so just lately. We got to take our friends chocolate lab to the park and Isaiah played fetch with him the entire time we were there. It was so adorable to see him with a little pal. He kept saying "good boy, Bentley" and patting his not so little head. I wish I would have taken my camera. And it doesn't help that one of the girls out here working with us just bought a tiny baby chihuahua that Isaiah has fallen in love with. He even got to take him golfing and got to puppy-sit on the golf cart. He was so proud. Anyway, if you've had a puppy I'm curious how it was having a dog and kids. What kind of dog did you have and would you recommend it??? Convince me.....one way or another, I want to hear the good and the bad before I decide.
This is at a pet adoption fair. The Great Dane rescue was our favorite booth...call me crazy but that would be my first choice of dog. Mike thinks I am CRAZY!!! I am a horse girl I like big animals.
June 2026 - Thriving in the Heat!
2 months ago

3 comments:
Wow! We have two dogs Max a puggle and Rocco a Terrier! I wish we never got them but now that we have them I can't give them away. Our puggle is half pug have beagle! great dog. He is hardy (can take the abuse from the boys but not to big!) very even tempered! he is getting fat (pug coming out) he is a great dog! then rocco came along thanks to my sister who couldn't have him in her apt. he is little and that is not good with Taite! he has bit Taite twice now but Taite asked for it and if he didn't he could have really hurt Rocco. He gets scared or territorial and pee's occationally in the house!
?'s for you to think about. Long hair (you have to pay for grooming) or short hair that sheds and gets everywhere and if you have a crawler or baby it can be a pain. We are alway tripping over our dogs and they are small so do you really want a big great dane!
Seriously call me and I'll give you my low down!
Sorry, I can't help you, we have two cats. (:
But as a generalization I think it's good for kids to have pets... even at a young age when it doesn't necessarily teach responsiblity, I think it teaches them more about love, empathy, cause and effect, etc.
Good luck deciding!
I say no, but I am not an animal lover at all! I think it is just adding another kid to the mix. My kids won't have a pet until they are well old enough to take care of it all by themselves. Call me mean, but I don't care. Good luck with that one. Have fun in Utah
Post a Comment