Even writing it seems impossible...20 years? Almost 20 years ago I started playing the violin. When I was six I would get out my moms viola and pretend to play. I would beg her and beg her to let me start playing the violin. I'm so glad she listened to my six year old pleas. 
There is something totally unexplainable about being able to express yourself through music. The experiences that have come from being involved in music are some of the best memories of my life. I have met some of my best friends, learned from the best teachers, and rubbed shoulders with some of the best violinists in the state. I've played in youth orchestras all over the state, played in the pit orchestra at Tuacahn a number of times, and was invited to play with the Southwest Symphony in their Divas night at Tuacahn. I got the opportunity to play at the olypmics in Salt Lake in 2000. I was awarded Music Sterling Scholar in 2002. Many other opportunities have come also. Little things like being able to play at rest homes during the holidays and watching peoples faces light up. Playing at fiddle festivals, concerto nights, recitals and weddings. The memories keep flooding the more I think about it.
The point of this self indulgent post??? I love the way that music touches lives. So I am going to start teaching. My goal is to bring the same joy I've had to other peoples lives. 
I've just completed some teacher training with Bonnie Romkey. She has been the Concert Master of the Southwest Symphony a number of years. I feel that will get me off on the right foot. So spread the word...I'm finally going to do what I Knew I'd always do and I'm so excited!!


6 comments:
Okay, seriously, why don't you live up here??? I would love to have you teaching Abby....see you soon, and GOOD LUCK!! You'll be great at it!!
AAHHH! I would TOTALLY sign Whitney up! What are you going to charge?
k... first off... the 20 year comment... be aware... they will come more frequently now (and it is never any less scary than the first time!) and second... can you come out here to teach Lucy-loo??? I know she would love it... as would I! You will be a super teacher!
I wish Tessa was just a little older. I would start her tomorrow if she was. You better save her a spot in a couple of years. You are going to be an amazing teacher!!!
That is great! you will be awesome, and if I lived closer you would have two students. I am not sure of my holiday schedule. I will be down around New Years for a session. So if you want one I would be happy to. I think it would be really neat. And great for business cards and ads.Let me know!
I love your post! I absolutely love music as well, but have zero talent, so I appreciate people like you who are willing to share their talent, and teach it to others. You rock. Good luck teaching!
Post a Comment