July 19, 2008

Fresh produce

When my mom was here a couple weeks ago we mistakingly came across a farmers market and got there just before they were done for the day. They began pretty much giving fantastic produce away and we scored big time. One huge Box chuck full of anything we could fit in it for $15 bucks. Are you serious??? So we began. Cabbage, Watermelon, cantalope, peas, potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, grapes...It was so oddly exhilarating being able to pick my own produce not having to way each bag and calculate the outrageous price in my head. This is some of our treasures.
Good things happen when you try new things...now I love love love these...

We came out with plenty of these...

and

and

and some absolutely delicious

Needless to say we were eating pretty dang good for the next week...I even still have some left in my fridge that we are still enjoying but I think it's about time to go again and it's saturday and they'll be there til 1pm so off I go....bless those farmers.

2 comments:

Erin. said...

I'm waaaayyyyy jealous!! All of it, minus the beets, look fabulous. Eat some for me. I'm waiting patienly for my tomatoes to come on...

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is awesome!!! Holy cow! We have farmers markets but nothing like that!! How awesome!!!!!! LUCKY YOU!!!