This week we headed up to Denver for our first Pro Baseball game. We got some super cheap tickets and almost everyone that's here working with us decided to come. What a fun thing. Isaiah of course the baseball junkie that he is loved it--well most of it, they can be long.
The boys loved the roar of the huge crowd. When they would hit a home run the crowd went crazy and they would both put their hands in the air and scream and Joshua would squeal 'Wooooo' and then giggle.
You can just see the excitement on his face...He was pretty into it. He even made us bring his mit just in case he had to catch a ball..
My little Rockies...they have a little growing to do
Then we saw this Aquarium off the freeway and it looked neat so we decided to try it out. I thought it would be this little exhibit that you go through pretty quickly and for the money would have rather done something else. I totally called this one wrong. I can no longer underestimate things in big cities. (I guess I'm used to little things in little towns, wonder why) So to give you the right idea.....They had a million gallon shark tank!!! Jellyfish, tree frogs, rattlesnakes, and so many fish I couldn't even name maybe three species that I'd actually heard of. Even pictures don't quite do it justice.
Just one of many beautiful fish tanks. My head would have probably been just under that orange fish...
Okay... this was an actual flash flood. When we heard the water the first time we were around the corner and couldn't see what was happening and the sound of the water gushing was a little disturbing...Isaiah kept saying "Mom I'm kinda freakin out" Then on the speaker you would hear "Flash flood warning to anyone standing near..." We had to see what this was all about so Mike the fearless went first. When he saw the water he ran...c'mon it's just a little water ;)
This was such a realistic animatronic Orangatang and it turns it's head, blinks it's eyes and even grunts. It was off for a second and I told Isaiah that it fake then he turned totally panicked and said "But Mom it just moved and its looking right at me." After that there was no convincing him that it wasn't real.
This picture didn't turn out like I'd hoped. But this inside the Tropical Rainforest area and it was my favorite part I think. The smell in there was the freshest of the freshest smells you've ever smelt. I wish I could have captured
We are standing in a tunnel tank where the fish and sharks and Sea turtles swim above you. Which this pic doen't show very well but there are better ones below.
Looking at this now I'm thinking...What mother puts her babies head inside the mouth of a shark??? I guess it was just for pictures sake...which as you can tell he didn't appreciate.
They have a restaurant that you can dine while watching the aquarium and to finish off the whole experience we headed there. What a neat and may I say Yummy place. I was daring and tried flounder and it was so so tasty. But being the dessert girl that I am...I usually look at the dessert menu first...I had to have dessert at such a fishtastic(wow I'm creative) place. And just let me tell you that it was DELECTIBLE if there ever was such. Just looking at it I knew it would be blog-worthy.
June 2026 - Thriving in the Heat!
2 months ago

6 comments:
That seriously looks SOOOO Yummy!! Oh my goodness!! I love pretty and yummy desserts... LUCKY YOU!
haha don't feel weird at all, that's why I'm not private :) Long time no see. Your boys are SO cute! Good job mommy ;)
I am so glad that you guys are having such a great time. We miss you! Keep up the fun blogs.
I'm so jealous that you guys get to do such fun things!! I guess you are right, when you live in a small town you learn to keep your expectations quite low ...so it is always a nice surprise when it is something awesome like that!
BTW- That desert looks delicious!!
So do you think you will want to come back to St. George where everything costs a lot of money and it just isn't worth it? There are benefits to both types of city I guess. I've learned that I don't really care where I live as long as I have friends there!
It looks like you guys are having a great time. How fun, I love all of your pictures. I swear, your boys look bigger too. Time flies, doesn't it? I hope things keep going well for you and your cute family.
Post a Comment