August 14, 2008

Tooth Ache

A few days ago Isaiah was complaining that his one of his teeth were hurting him and I just figured that it was his first good old fashioned tooth ache. Well last night that idea proved to be the wrong thinking as he kept waking up crying and was not awake enough to say he was hurting and only until morning half in tears did he tell me that he was up all night because his tooth was hurting so bad. So I looked in his mouth and I could see his tooth was chipped pretty badly so I got on the phone to schedule an exam and luckily they could fit us in within the next hour. The dentist took alook at it and said they would need to extract it. It had started as a cavity and had grown so much it chipped off and then got infected. Yowsers. I felt so bad that I hadn't known earlier. They said that the dentist we had previously seen should have caught it and didn't. What do you do.....

I had to stay out with Joshua so he was actually in there all by himself and they said he didn't even squirm. I just came to peek in on him and of couse had to get a picture. He was just excited that he got to watch 'Cars' on the ceiling above.


So he lost his first tooth and was pretty stoked about the tooth fairy coming that night and was so concerned that the little fairy was not going to be able to lift his heavy tooth. I assured him that the tooth fairy is pretty strong. I didn't know the tooth fairy was so small ;)

6 comments:

---- said...

owww! Poor little guy! I hate having tooth pain! Hopefully he is doing better....I bet you are going to find a new dentist when you get home too!
BTW- When are you coming home again?
I think Tammy is coming on the 16th or something and I am not sure how long she is staying. Hopefully we can all get together one last time before she moves away!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry about his tooth! I'm still in Utah, so I haven't officially received your message yet. I guess you don't need Cody's work number anymore. : ) (If for whatever reason you do, go to www.smilecos.com and you can get the phone number.) I'm glad that's he's doing alright though. Oh, and your hair looks really cute! I hope you have more fun things planned for your kids the next couple days, it looks like the weather is going to be pretty crummy.

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Bummer about the dentist! Yeah about the tooth fairy! We are dealing with the teeth thing right now too- Matt's are starting to come in. I don't think it is as crazy as anything like you have been handling though. Good luck!

The Weston's said...

oh my heck- last week-same thing!~ Everett was complaining so i looked in there better than i do when i brush his teeth- and the side of one tooth was chipped off due to a cavity! And more.. he has 8 cavities. Yes, i brush his teeth. So how did he do with all that? drilling? we have to go 4 times to fill them all. he gets to watch a movie too, but i am so nervous!

krista jo said...

April! fun to find you in the blogging world! Your family is so cute...I can't believe how adorable your little boys are!!

Anonymous said...

No way, that is crazy, how on earth do dentist's miss something like that, dang it. Bless his little heart. At least it's all taken care of now. I love when they're big enough to tell you what is wrong. Poor little Archie has been so onrey these past couple of days. He's been holding his mouth, so I finally just pryed it open with my fingers and saw that all four of his 2 yr molers are coming in and his gums are as swollen as they can be. I felt so bad for him. I forgot about the two year molers. (is this how you spell it?)